*ping1090 requires an external GPS source and Autopilot for proper operation. For an all-in-one solution see ping1090i.
Ping1090 is an approved ECD for use on sUAS in the UK.
In short, an ECD broadcasts the host aircraft position to other aircraft operating the airspace.
EC devices turn the traditional ‘see and avoid’ concept into ‘see, BE SEEN, and avoid’.
- Detects commercial aircraft threats on 1090MHz and 978MHz within a 100 statute mile radius in real time
- Reports threats from commercial aircraft in a programmable spherical radius
- Transmits ADS-B DF-18 on 1090MHz, 20W nominal
- Meets MOPS DO-260B Class A0
- Navigation Source (GPS and Baro) FYXnav-B option
- SMA Antenna Connector
- GDL90 combined UAT and 1090ES traffic reports
- US Patents Pending
- Direct Integration with Pixhawk Autopilot
- Direct Integration with DJI via DJI Software Development Kit
Note: Please check your countries radio licence legislations. ADS-B out can require a permit to transmit on 1090Mhz (for The Netherlands this is approx. € 120,00 per year).